Grade level: 4 – 6th grades
Skills: Circle graphs
Related environmental issues: Energy
The United States is one of the largest renewable energy producers in the world. The United States, together with China, generated about half of the wind and solar power* in the world in 2019. When it comes to geothermal energy and biofuel production, the Untied States is #1 in the world.
The circle graph below shows solar power generation in the world.
- What county generated the largest solar power in the world?
- Which county generated more solar power, the United States or India?
- What county generated 1/4 as much solar power as China?
- Which generated more solar power, the United States, Japan, Germany, and India combined, or the rest of the world?
Note: Solar power means electricity generated from solar panels.
- United States
- The United States, Japan, Germany, and India combined
Just published and now available from Amazon (paperback)
About this book
The objective of Factful Environmental Math Problems is to cultivate our young people’s skills to analyze and evaluate fact-based data for understanding our world, while improving their math skills and critical thinking skills.
With the rise of the Internet and new technology, building skills to analyze and evaluate fact-based data becomes increasingly important for our young people to prepare for this rapidly changing world. These skills minimize their chances of being brainwashed by false information and making uninformed decisions and ultimately help develop their critical thinking skills. (Read more)
Published: March 26, 2020