Grade level: 5th – 6th grades
Skills: Circle graph & Fraction
Related environmental issues: Renewable Energy
The circle graph below shows how much solar power was generated from the top five solar power generating states in the United States in December, 2017.
- What state generated larger amount of solar power than the rest of the states combined?
- What state generated as much solar power as North Carolina?
- What state generated one seventh as much solar power as California?
- What state generated one fourth as much solar power as North Carolina and Arizona combined?
3. Nevada 42 ÷ 7 = 6
4. Texas 8 + 8 = 16 16 ÷ 4 = 4