Grade level: 3rd – 5th grades
Skills: Line graphs
Related environmental issues: Water
The line graph below shows the average daily household water use per person in California in 2016.
- In what season did a person in California use the largest amount of water?
- On average, a person in California used 85 gallons of water per day in 2016. In what months, did average Californians use about 85 gallons of water per day?
- In which month did a person in California use less amount of water per day, January or December?
- Between which two consecutive months did average water use increase the most?
- People use the largest amount of water in July and August in most of the states. Why do you think more household water is needed in those months? Select all of the answers that apply. A) Rising outdoor water use for lawn and landscape watering B) Running the water to avoid freezing water pipes C) Increasing water use for outdoor water activities
- May and June
- A and C