Grade level: 3rd – 5th grades
Skills: Bar graphs
Related environmental issues: COVID-19
Six months have passed since the COVID-19 was declared as a pandemic. The bar graph below shows the number of COVID-19 deaths per one million population of selected countries as of September 11, 2020.
- Which country had the most COVID-19 deaths per one million polulation?
- Which country had more COVID-19 deaths, Mexico or Spain?
- Per one million population, about how many people died from COVID-19 in the United States?
- The population of the United States is about 330 million. About how many people died from COVID-19 in the United States as of September 11, 2020?
Source) Real Clear Politics (September 11, 2020) Coronavirus (COVID-19) Global Death
- About 600
- About 198,000 (600 x 330 = 198,000)
Factful Environmental Math Problems (2020)
Just published and now available from Amazon (paperback)
About this book
The objective of Factful Environmental Math Problems is to cultivate our young people’s skills to analyze and evaluate fact-based data for understanding our world, while improving their math skills and critical thinking skills.
With the rise of the Internet and new technology, building skills to analyze and evaluate fact-based data becomes increasingly important for our young people to prepare for this rapidly changing world. These skills minimize their chances of being brainwashed by false information and making uninformed decisions and ultimately help develop their critical thinking skills. (Read more)
Published: March 26, 2020