Grade level: 3rd – 5th grades
Skills: Bar graphs
Related environmental issues: Recycle
The bar graph below shows what percentages of plastic bottles, steel cans, glass bottles, and aluminum cans were recycled in the United States in 2017.
- Which items were recycled the most?
- Which items were not recycled the most?
- Which items were recycled more, plastic bottles or aluminum cans?
- Which items were recycled about half of the materials thrown away?
- Which items were less recycled, glass bottles or aluminum cans?
- About what percentage of plastic bottles were not recycled? 1 ) 10% 2) 30% 3) 70% 4) 100%
Just published and now available from Amazon (paperback)
About this book
The objective of Factful Environmental Math Problems is to cultivate our young people’s skills to analyze and evaluate fact-based data for understanding our world, while improving their math skills and critical thinking skills.
With the rise of the Internet and new technology, building skills to analyze and evaluate fact-based data becomes increasingly important for our young people to prepare for this rapidly changing world. These skills minimize their chances of being brainwashed by false information and making uninformed decisions and ultimately help develop their critical thinking skills. (Read more)
Published: March 26, 2020