Grade level: 4th – 6th grades
Skills: Bar graphs
Related environmental issues: Others
The bar graph below shows the number of new coronavirus cases per day in the United States. The bar graph was created by google on July 3, 2020.
- Between what day and what day does this bar graph show?
- Which had more new cases, 4/25 or 5/15?
- When did the United States have the largest number of new coronavirus cases?
- Did the United States have more than 40,000 new cases on 6/4?
- About how many times did the new cases increase between 7/1 and 7/2? A) two times B) three times c) four times
Just published and now available from Amazon (paperback)
About this book
The objective of Factful Environmental Math Problems is to cultivate our young people’s skills to analyze and evaluate fact-based data for understanding our world, while improving their math skills and critical thinking skills.
With the rise of the Internet and new technology, building skills to analyze and evaluate fact-based data becomes increasingly important for our young people to prepare for this rapidly changing world. These skills minimize their chances of being brainwashed by false information and making uninformed decisions and ultimately help develop their critical thinking skills. (Read more)
Published: March 26, 2020