Grade level: 4th – 6th grades
Skills:DECIMALS (PLACE VALUE & ROUNDING)
Related environmental issues: Others
The number of electric cars on the road has been significantly increasing. There were over 5 million electric cars running in the world in 2018. The table below shows the number of electric cars sold in four countries in 2018.
- What place is the 1 in the number of electric cars sold in Canada?
- Round the number of electric cars sold in the United Kingdom to the nearest tenth.
- Round the number of electric cars sold in Japan to the nearest whole number.
- What digit is in the hundredth place in the number of electric cars sold in the United States?
- The expanded form of the number of electric cars sold in China* is 1,000 + 70 + 8 + 0.5 + 0.03. Write the number in the standard form.
Just published and now available from Amazon (paperback)
About this book
The objective of Factful Environmental Math Problems is to cultivate our young people’s skills to analyze and evaluate fact-based data for understanding our world, while improving their math skills and critical thinking skills.
With the rise of the Internet and new technology, building skills to analyze and evaluate fact-based data becomes increasingly important for our young people to prepare for this rapidly changing world. These skills minimize their chances of being brainwashed by false information and making uniformed decisions and ultimately help develop their critical thinking skills. (Read more)
Published: March 26, 2020