Grade level: 4th – 6th grades
Skills: Place value (whole numbers)
Related environmental issues: Air
Clean air is essential for our health.The United States has protected Americans from dangerous air pollution that cause asthma, lung diseases, and early death by enacting the law called the Clean Air Act. It is estimated that the Clean Air Act will save at least 230,000lives by 2020 in this country.
- What digit is in the tens place of 230,000?
- What place is the 3 in 230,000?
- How many thousands are in this number?
- How many hundreds are represented by the 2?
- How many ones are represented by the 3?
- Which number represents 230,000?
Source: U.S. EPA, Clean Air Act Overview.