Grade level: 3rd – 5th grades
Skills: Bar graphs
Related environmental issues: Water
The bar graph below shows how much and for what purposes our water resources are used in this country a day.
- For what purposes does our country use the most water?
- True of false: Our country uses the second most water for irrigation.
- For what purposes does our country use about as much as one-fifth of water for electricity generation?
- For which purposes does our country use less water, for industry or for schools, businesses & houses?
- About how much of water in billion gallons is used for irrigation and electricity generation purposes in a day in this country?
Sources: U.S. Geological Survey
- For electricity generation
- School, businesses & houses
- 130 + 200 = 330 (billion gallons a day)