Grade level: 3rd- 5th grades
Skills: Circle graph
Related environmental issues: Energy
The circle below shows the world’s five largest countries with solar power and how much solar power they generate in the world in the end of 2015.
- What country generated the largest amount of solar power in the world?
- Arrange the five countries in order starting with the one that had the largest solar power.
- How many percent of solar power was generated by the five countries in the world?
- Combined with what country did the Untied States generate as much solar power as the rest of the world?
Sources: REN 21, 2016
*Solar power means electricity generated by solar panels.
- China, Germany, Japan, United States, Italy
- 19 + 12 + 18 + 16 + 7 =72 (%) or 100 – 28 = 72 (%)
- 28 – 12 = 16% (Japan)