Grade level: 3rd – 5th
Skills: Circle graph
Related environmental issues: Climate change
Area level: Global
The circle graph on the right shows how much carbon dioxide is emitted from the world’s top 5 CO2-emitting countries.
- What country emits the largest amount of carbon dioxide in the world?
- What county emits five times as much carbon dioxide as Germany?
- What percentage of carbon dioxide is emitted from either China or Japan?
- Which combined three countries emit half of the carbon dioxide emitted in the world?
Source: Trends in Global CO2 emissions 2014 Repor, PBL Netherlands Environmental Assessment Agency
Note) The data used here is the amount of Carbon dioxide (CO2) emissions from fossil fuel combustion and from industrial processes in 2013
EU and the Russian Federation are excluded here since they are counted as a region.
- The United States
- 33% (29+4=33)
- China, the United States, and India