Grade level: 4th-5th grades
Skills: Comparing numbers / Subtraction (Decimal numbers)
Related environmental issues: Renewable Energy
Many large companies in the United States have installed solar panels to use renewable energy to meet their energy demand and to become more environmentally sustainable.
The table below shows top 5 companies that use the largest amount of solar power in the United States.
1. Arrange companies from greatest to least.
2. How much more or less solar power does Target use than Walmart?
3. How much more or less solar power does Amazon use than Apple?
Source) SEIA (Solar Energy Industries Association), 2019. 2018 Solar Means Business Report
1. Apple, Amazon, Target, Walmart, Switch
2. 242.4 – 208.9 = 33.5 33,500 (kilowatts) more solar power
3. 393.3 – 329.8 = 63.5 63,500 (kilowatts) less solar power