Grade level: 4th – 6th grades
Skills: Line graphs
Related environmental issues: Energy & Climate Change
To ask for immediate action on climate change, millions of young people and adults around the world skipped school and work and participated in protests on September 20, 2019. They demanded an end to the age of fossil fuels.The line graph below shows the amount of fossil fuels produced in the United States between 2000 and 2018.
- In what year did the United States produce the largest amount of fossil fuels?
- In what year did the United States produce the least amount of fossil fuels?
- Between what two consecutive years, did the fossil fuel production drop significantly?
- Between what wo consecutive years, did the fossil fuel production increase significantly?
- Has the fossil fuel production in the United States decreased or increased over the years?
Sources: U.S. Energy Information Administration, 2019. Energy Overview, Table 1.1 Primary Energy overview.
3. between 2015 and 2016
4. between 2013 and 2014 and between 2017 and 2018