Grade level: 3rd – 5th grades
Skills: Bar graphs
Related environmental issues: Air / climate change
The bar graph below shows the 10 states that sent the most CO2 into the air in our nation in 2015.
1. Which state sent more CO2 into the air, California or New York?
2. Which state sent less CO2 into the air, Texas or Pennsylvania?
3. How much more CO2 did California send into the air than Florida?
4. Which state sent 56 million tons more CO2 than Michigan?
5. Which sent send as much CO2 as Louisiana, Ohio, and Indiana combined?
Sources:U.S. Energy Information Administration, 2018
- 364 – 231 = 130
- 163 + 56 = 219 Illinois
- 218 + 215 + 188 = 621: Texas