Grade level: 3rd – 5th grades
Skills: Interpreting bar graphs (3-digit numbers)
Related environmental issues: Energy
The bar graph below shows the average amount of energy used by a person in the top 10 energy using states in 2014.
1. In which state did a person use the highest amount of energy on average?
2. A person in Indiana uses the ____ largest energy on average in the United States. Fill an ordinal number in the blank.
3. A person in which two states use the same amount of energy on average?
4. What is the range and mode of the data?
- Nebraska and South Dakota
- Range: 920 – 433 = 487 Mode: 460