Grade level: 3rd – 5th grade
Skills: Interpreting bar graphs
Related environmental issues: Water
Everyday a lot of water is used for many purposes, such as electricity generation, irrigation, household use, and so on. The table below shows daily water use per person in 5 countries.
- Which country in the bar graph uses the most water per person?
- Which country in the bar graph uses the least water per person?
- How many countries use more than 600 gallons of water per person a day?
- Which country uses less water per person, China or the United Kingdom?
- Which country uses 4 times as much water as Sweden?
Sources: Food and Agriculture Organizations of the United Nations
- United States
- 3 countries
- The United Kingdom