Grade level: 4th – 6th grades
Skills: bar graphs
Related environmental issues: Recycle
The bar graph below shows how many percent of plastic bottles, aluminum cans, glass bottles, and steel cans were recycled in the United States in 2014.
- Which items were recycled the most?
- Which items were not recycled the most?
- Which items were recycled more, plastic bottle or aluminum cans?
- List all items that were more recycled than not recycled.
- About how many percent of steel cans were not recycled?
A) 10% 2) 30% 3) 70% 4) 100%
Sources: “Advancing Sustainable Materials Management: 2014 Fact Sheet” published by the U.S. EPA in November 2016
- Steel cans
- Plastic bottles
- Aluminum cans
- Steel cans and aluminum cans