Grade level: 4th – 5th grades
Skills: Line graph
Related environmental issues: Energy
Area level: National
The line graph below shows the average monthly prices of gasoline (in dollars per gallon) between August 2015 and January 2016 in the United States.
- Had the gasoline price increased or decreased since August 2015?
- What is the difference in dollars between the highest and the lowest gasoline prices?
- Between which months did the gasoline price change the least?
- Between which months did the gasoline price decrease more than 25 cents per gallon?
- $ 0.69 (2.64 – 1.95 = 0.69)
- Between October and November, 2015
- Between August and September, 2015