We are happy to announce that we have started our 2021 Crayon Recycling for a Happier Community Project. We collected 29 pounds of crayons from the 2021 Warrick County School Supply Recycling Challenge in May.
We recycle used crayons to reduce waste and support our local teachers.
Purposes of this project are to
- Promote recycling and divert used school supplies from landfills
- Effectively use crayons collected from the Warrick County School Supply Recycling Challenge by making new crayons
- Raise money to help local teachers get school supplies for their classrooms by selling recycled crayons
- Raise awareness on recycling and waste reduction
- Build a stronger and happier community
HOW WE MAKE OUR CRAYONS
1. Peeling the paper
First, we peel the paper wrappers of crayons.
Next, we sorted crayons by color.
And we melted the crayons in the oven (200F).
4. Pouring wax into molds
And we poured the wax into molds.
5. Removing crayons from the mold
Lastly, once the heat is removed, crayons were removed from the mold.
OUR POWERFUL HELPERS
KEEP UP With US
Like us and get the latest news about school supply donations,
our crayon products, and the teachers grant program!
Facebook @ WarrickCountySchoolSupplyChallenge