We are pleased to announce that we will be hosting the “2021 Warrick County School Supply Recycling Challenge” at John H. Castle and Chandler Elementary during May. In the event, school children will be encouraged to recycle their used school supplies.
- TO ADVANCE RECYCLING AND REDUCE WASTE GENERATION IN WARRICK COUNTY
- TO SUPPORT CHILDREN IN NEED IN WARRICK COUNTY
- TO SUPPORT TEACHERS IN WARRICK COUNTY
- TO CREATE OPPORTUNITIES FOR CHILDREN TO BECOME AGENTS OF POSITIVE CHANGE IN OUR COMMUNITY
- TO BUILD A STRONGER COMMUNITY
WHEN AND WHERE
We place recycling bins at John H. Castle and Chandler Elementary during May. Please use these recycling bins and donate used/unused supplies.
We were able to divert over 300 pounds of waste from landfills, donate hundreds of new/unused school supplies to help children in need in Warrick County in partnership with the God Is Good Foundation Newburgh, help local teachers with more than a thousand of gently used school supplies.
We also recycled 70 pounds (equivalent to about 8,000 individual crayons) of broken crayons, created new crayon products, and sold them locally. [ CLICK HERE to learn more about our CRAYON RECYCLING PROJECT ]
2020 grant recipients were:
- Ms. Jessica Hurley (Boonville Middle School) [For glue sticks and Dry Erase markers]
- Ms. Jody Bender (Oakdale Elementary School) [For scissors, glue sticks, crayons, pencils, index cards, sticky notes, highlighters, dry erase markers, erasers, dry erase boards, etc.]
- Ms. Ashley Morgan (Loge Elementary School) [For non-fiction books]
- Ms. Jessie Borden (Tennyson Elementary School) [For hands on resources: Play dough, math manipulatives, colored card stock and laminator pouches]
- Ms. Alyssa Williams (Boonville High School) [For math Manipulatives, Calculators, Pencils, Paper]
HOW YOU CAN HELP US
With your support, we can continue to help children in need, support local teachers, and protect our environment in Warrick County. We have over 1,500 children and teachers attending this event. Your gift will help us make a difference and make our community stronger. We are a 501(c)(3) nonprofit-charitable organization, and your donation will be considered tax deductible expenses.