Grade level: 4th – 6th grades
Skills: Decimal numbers (addition and subtraction)
Related environmental issues: Energy
The table below shows wind power capacity in the top 5 states in the United States by the end of 2017.
- What state had the largest wind power capacity in the United States by the end of 2017?
- What is the difference between the largest and the smallest numbers?
- Which state had the wind power 2.4 gigawatts more than that in Kansas?
- What is the difference between the wind power in Iowa and that in California?
Sources: U.S. Department of Energy (2018) US Wind Power Cumulative Installed Capacity
- 17.54 (22.64 – 5.10 = 17.54)
- 1.7 gigawatts (7.31 – 5.61 = 1.7)