Grade level: 4th – 5th grades
Skills: Creating and interpreting line graphs
Related environmental issues: Waste generation
The table below shows the amount of trash discarded in this country between 1960 and 2014.
- Make a line graph to represent the information in the table.
- Has the amount of trash increased or decreased over the last 50 years?
- Between which years did the amount of trash change the most?
- How much did the amount of trash increase between 1960 and 2010?
Sources: U.S. EPA
- Between 1980 and 1990
- 251 – 88 = 163 (million tons)