Grade level: 4th – 5th grades
Skills: Line graphs
Related environmental issues: Waste generation
The table below shows the amount of trash discarded between 1960 and 2014 in the United States.
- Make a line graph to represent the information in the table.
- Has the amount of trash increased or decreased over the last 50 years?
- Between which years did the amount of trash change the most?
- How much did the amount of trash increase between 1960 and 2010?
- If this trend continues, what do you think the amount of trash in 2020 will be?a) 265 million tons b) 255 million tons c) 230 million tons d) 220 million tons
- between 1980 and 1990
- 163 (million tons) (251 – 88 = 163 )